- The Extra-ordinary Rochester Heritage Day
- We’ll always miss you, Ron Santosky…
- Regarding the December 11, 2018, school vote…
- 2018 in pictures…
- Outrageous voting for School District capital budget proposal
- Disquieting vote for the school district’s capital budget proposal
- Rochester’s Great Summer Program
- UCAT Ulster-Poughkeepsie Link needs improvement…
- Halloween in Rochester: A magical evening
- Rochester’s outstanding Summer Program deserves recognition!
- Thank you, MaryAnne!
- In loving memory of Cynthia LuAnn Stokes
- Congratulations, Tana Miller!
- Does anything matter in Rochester?
- Rochester’s Summer Program extraordinaire
- Solemn Veterans Park ceremony on Memorial Day honored local hero Sgt. Shawn M. Farrell II
- Missing Doris Lamon…
- To be good, and to do good, is all we have to do.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!
- Santa and Mrs. Claus came to town…
- Seniors’ Holiday Brunch
- Thanksgiving at the Recreation/Youth Department Center
- Veterans’ Day Celebration…
- Halloween Brunch at the Recreation Center
- Haunted Barn
- October 2021
- May 2020
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- September 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- September 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
Author Archives: Jon Dogar-Marinesco
Thank you, MaryAnne!
The last day of Rochester’s summer program on August 21 marked a uniquely emotional moment – the conclusion of 15 wonderful years of having MaryAnne Gates as its program director. That day some kids had tears in their eyes because … Continue reading
In loving memory of Cynthia LuAnn Stokes
Less than seven years ago, the Rochester Town Board was faced with a serious problem – as our town’s assessors kept resigning after only a few months on the job. Then a sweet, wonderful lady – Cynthia Stokes – applied … Continue reading
Congratulations, Tana Miller!
I had the privilege to announce the recipient of the 2014 “Mary Lee Friend of Youth Award” at Rochester’s Holiday Senior Brunch/Youth Awards presentation on December 13, 2014. I would like to share that moment – and my appreciation – … Continue reading
Does anything matter in Rochester?
As published in Blue Stone Press, October 3, 2014 Does anything matter in Rochester? After serving four years as Councilwoman – and being recognized for my dedicated service – you’d think I was the best qualified applicant for a 4-month … Continue reading
Rochester’s Summer Program extraordinaire
One can run out of superlatives trying to write about Rochester’s summer program. I said in the past that it was “wonderful” and “superb.” This year, the program was considered a “huge success” from the very beginning (cover story, Blue … Continue reading
Solemn Veterans Park ceremony on Memorial Day honored local hero Sgt. Shawn M. Farrell II
My letter to the Editor, published in Blue Stone Press – June 20, 2014 While attending Rochester’s Town Board meeting on May 1, I got tears in my eyes learning that the entire ceremony at the Veterans Park on Memorial … Continue reading
Missing Doris Lamon…
It just happened that in my last post the top photo features Ed and Doris Lamon looking at a Memorial Day display at our town’s Veterans Park. The headline of that January 18 post reads “To be good, and to … Continue reading
To be good, and to do good, is all we have to do.
Letter to Editor / Blue Stone Press – January 17, 2014 Volunteering for a town board or commission gives one opportunities to meet people, make new friends, exchange ideas, get involved in town’s life, enjoy town events, and – yes! … Continue reading
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!
Santa and Mrs. Claus came to town…
Our Town of Rochester’s events and activities are diverse, exciting, fun, colorful, educational, wonderful, intriguing, full of joy… If a photo is worth a thousand words, allow me to save a few thousands words by posting from the photos I … Continue reading