- Regarding the December 11, 2018, school vote…
- 2018 in pictures…
- Outrageous voting for School District capital budget proposal
- Disquieting vote for the school district’s capital budget proposal
- Rochester’s Great Summer Program
- UCAT Ulster-Poughkeepsie Link needs improvement…
- Halloween in Rochester: A magical evening
- Rochester’s outstanding Summer Program deserves recognition!
- Thank you, MaryAnne!
- In loving memory of Cynthia LuAnn Stokes
- Congratulations, Tana Miller!
- Does anything matter in Rochester?
- Rochester’s Summer Program extraordinaire
- Solemn Veterans Park ceremony on Memorial Day honored local hero Sgt. Shawn M. Farrell II
- Missing Doris Lamon…
- To be good, and to do good, is all we have to do.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!
- Santa and Mrs. Claus came to town…
- Seniors’ Holiday Brunch
- Thanksgiving at the Recreation/Youth Department Center
- Veterans’ Day Celebration…
- Halloween Brunch at the Recreation Center
- Haunted Barn
- Kids’ Halloween Party at the Recreation/Youth Dept. Center
- Tractor Pull at Saunderskill Farm
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As the author of the Letter to the Editor published in December 2018, I was pleased to read that “Resident formally challenges RVSD Dec. 11 bond vote” (in the Feb. 1, 2019 issue of BSP). I totally agree with Troy … Continue reading
The Blue Stone Press pictorial A year in pictures, looking back on 2018 included three of my photos featuring moments from our town’s events and activities… Summer program field trip to the Museum Village in Monroe, NY… Memorial Day Parade… … Continue reading
As published in the Shawangunk Journal, January 3, 2019, page 2 To the Editor: The School District seemed determined to pass this approximately 62 million budget no matter what (no plan B was presented except “we’ll put the project back … Continue reading
As published in Blue Stone Press, December 21, 2018 issue, page 15 To the Editor: Thanks to the coverage in Blue Stone Press – November 16, 2018 issue, page 12, “RV school district hosts public Q&A for capital budget proposal” … Continue reading
Letter to Editor published in Blue Stone Press, September 1, 2017. Thanks to Blue Stone Press, which – in the August 4 and 18 issues – published photos capturing moments from our program, the readers had a glimpse at the … Continue reading
During the years I avoided writing letters to editor when experiencing problems as a user of this helpful bus connection (Rosendale to Metro-North in Poughkeepsie), hoping that they would be solved. Once I missed about four Metro-North trains because of … Continue reading
Reading the beautiful article “Rochester ‘Queen of Halloween’ to step down” in the October 7, 2016 issue of Blue Stone Press brought tears to my eyes and regrets that we haven’t participated to all Halloween events in our years of … Continue reading
Letter to Editor published in Shawangunk Journal, September 10, 2015 under the title Summer Program deserves recognition! I find it outrageous that those attending Rochester’s Town Board meeting on September 3rd – including two reporters – did not hear a … Continue reading
The last day of Rochester’s summer program on August 21 marked a uniquely emotional moment – the conclusion of 15 wonderful years of having MaryAnne Gates as its program director. That day some kids had tears in their eyes because … Continue reading